Good vision is much more than seeing 20/20. Regular eye exams are part of a total health program. Early detection of diabetes, glaucoma, cataracts and hypertension is important to the effective treatment of these conditions. Researchers have found that up to 85% of children with learning problems have significant delays in vision skills, making early detection critical. Cedar Crest Vision provides primary eye care health, which includes the following:
- Comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and treat eye disease
- Detect and identify general health problems manifested in the eye such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Remove foreign bodies from the eyes
- Provide pre and post-operative care for eye surgeries
- Provide emergency treatment for eye injuries
- Provide prescriptions and fittings for eyeglasses and contact lenses
Optomap Retinal Exam
In our continued efforts to bring the most advanced technology available to our patients, Cedar Crest Vision is proud to announce the inclusion of the Optomap Retinal Exam as an integral part of your eye exam. Many eye problems can develop without warning and progress with no symptoms. Early on, you might not even notice any change in your vision. However, diseases such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal tears or detachments, as well as other health problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure can be detected with a thorough exam of the retina. The retina is the part of your eye that catches the image of what you are looking at, similar to the film in a camera.
An Optomap Retinal Exam is fast, easy and comfortable and provides:
- a scan to confirm a healthy eye or, to detect the presence of disease
- an overview of map of the retina, giving your doctor a more detailed view than Dr. Quick can achieve by other means
- an opportunity for you to view and discuss the Optomap images of your eye with Dr. Quick at the time of your exam
- a permanent record for your medical file, enabling Dr. Quick to make important comparisons if potential problems show themselves at a future examination.
Please note: The Optomap Retinal Exam may be a non-covered service with your health plan, meaning you would be responsible for the charges. Dr. Quick strongly believes the Optomap Retinal Exam is an essential part of your comprehensive eye exam and recommends it for all patients once per year. Our fee for the Optomap Retinal Exam is $40 + tax.
For more information about the Optomap click this link: http://www.optos.com/en-us/Patients/